Sunday, August 26, 2007

Yes, We Are Enjoying Our Weekend Off Together, Thanks For Asking

It has been both wonderful and surreal to have an entire weekend of Ian. Just in case it was all some sort of mirage, we made the most of our two days. We went to the Farmer's Market, we got haircuts together (we didn't give each other the haircuts -- we are giddy with sweet leisure hours, but not that giddy), we visited with friends and family and parks and pools, and we enjoyed every minute. A couple of people have asked me if I am worried that I will get tired of Ian now that he's around more. The answer is no, I am not afraid of that. Even discounting the fact that I like Ian a great deal, self-preservation alone would allow me to put up with someone a whole lot more tiresome than Ian if it meant that I had some childcare backup in the evenings and could pee privately every now and then.

No comments: