Thursday, August 09, 2007

If You're Happy And You Know It ...

Max learned a new word yesterday. He was sitting with me, watching Sesame Street, and suddenly he looked at me and said, "Happy. Max happy. Mama happy?" It turned out that I was. So much so, in fact, that I had to cry a little. I know that this isn't the first time that Max has ever been happy, but it was so nice to hear him say it. He has said it every two seconds since then, probably because he got such a huge and delighted reaction from me the first time, but it has yet to get old.

One of the things that Max is happy about is the fact that he has foam alphabet letters to play with in the bath. He has been obsessed with the alphabet lately. Too much Sesame Street? My English major genes coming out? Our reluctantly embraced inner Davis parent-itis? Who knows. Anyway, we tried to spell 'happy' on the tub wall today, but there is only one of each foam letter, and so I tried to teach Max about synonyms, instead.

He did not embrace the lesson with much enthusiasm.

This is a q. Maybe he is trying to write 'quiet' and give me a not-so-subtle hint?

That looks like fun. Why can't I play in the big bath with Max?

What do you mean, I'm too little?! You've been complaining about my large size since I was an embryo, for goodness' sake! I want to speak to the manager!

No comments: