Thursday, June 15, 2006

Movin' On Up

Ian and I often try to imagine what Max might be thinking, and we have gotten into the habit of "speaking" for him, a habit he is sure to find irritating soon (if he doesn't already). Here is how I imagine his thoughts during his pull to stand today:

Hello, nursing stool. I bet you'd make the perfect launching pad for me to stand up and rumple the neatly folded laundry.

Let's see . . . Foot One always cooperates no problem, but Foot Two always gets twisted under. Your bad attitude is getting noticed, Foot Two. There's no 'I' in 'team', you know.

Listen, Foot Two. We need everybody pulling together, here. You're holding the whole operation back!

Ah. Here we go. The rocking chair! You'll help me foil Foot Two's evil plot, won't you?

Victory is mine! Take that, Foot Two! Nothing left to do now but rumple that laundry. Oh, sweet laundry rumpling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your son is so freaking cute. i always talk for sadie. and i imagine her giving me the finger, if she could, for putting words in her mouth. so, i think you have a few more months with max. abuse the power while you can.

Raging Wombat said...

Does Max have a British or Canadian accent?

Anonymous said...

I think he has a britanadian accent. Jolly good, eh?