Saturday, June 17, 2006

Max Versus Watermelon: Rematch

I was somewhat hesitant to reintroduce Max to anything he could gag himself with (see "Hulking Out" from May 24's blog for more details), but he has been demonstrating a definite need to bite recently. Since I do not wish to expose myself to any more breastfeeding bites, I have been driven back to Max's old nemesis, watermelon slice. I was eating some yesterday morning, and he kept gazing at me accusingly, so I finally gave him a piece of his own.

Before commencing eating, Max studies his foe from all angles. It shall not defeat him or make him barf a second time!

Like a lion devouring a gazelle, Max buries his ferocious maw in his opponent.

Muzzle coated in the flesh of his vanquished enemy, Max allows himself to celebrate his victory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit graphic for the vegetarians among us. Did the watermelon suffer much?

Chelsa said...

That is the circle of life, Granny. The watermelon died that Max may now live a life free of gum-pain. Nature is a cruel mistress.

Ian said...

Okay, that was way funny. To answer your question granny, the watermellon was totally alive and suffered greatly.

Chelsa said...

I've actually even seen the rind twitch in the trash a few times.