Friday, June 23, 2006

Genetics

I knew, when Ian and I got married, that he was a carrier for the video gaming gene. I held out some hope that it might be a recessive tendency, but I see now that I was wrong to hope. Max clearly shares his old man's love of the wondrous world of the computer. I suspect that the comic book and action figure genes are waiting to manifest themselves, as well.

I am glad to say, however, that my DNA is obviously in there somewhere. Here we have Max choosing between Harry Potter and The Golden Compass for his naptime reading. (Right now he absorbs reading material mostly through the taste buds, but he has chewed through more and denser fiction than a lot of people get through using their "eyes". Don't judge him.)

6 comments:

Ian said...

For the readers interest:My childhood action figures I saved for Max. Also my legos. It's perfectly normal. I hope.

Jabbertrack said...

Looks like Max was downloading music from Russian websites to me. Where is the alleged video game playing?

Ian said...

Wow, good eye there Jabber.

Chelsa said...

okay, a)isaid that max shared his dad's love of the computer in general, and b) if you scroll down one post, you'll see max with an xbox controller, proof of "alleged video game playing". so there.

Raging Wombat said...

Looks like Max has acquired his dad's propensity for piracy. That might be offset by his mother's more law-abiding tendancies.

Chelsa said...

my influence has yet to wear off on ian, and somehow i think max will be the same.