Monday, June 19, 2006

A Brief History Of Max's Beds

In those innocent days before Max was born, our initial thought was that he would sleep in his co-sleeper, peacefully beside us while still leaving us our bed to ourselves. Look how well Max took to this idea!

Next, we borrowed a portable crib, so that Max could nap in comfort, but still be nearby while I toiled around the house. Goblin found this bed to be luxuriously soft and convenient. Max slept in it, oh, maybe twice.

Now here we have the correct answer, as far as Max is concerned. Remember the bed that we were going to have peacefully to ourselves? Max finds it very comfortable, and is generous enough to share it with us upon occasion.

Now that Max is older, we have begun trying to transition him into his own crib, especially at naptime. Max had reservations about this idea initially . . .

. . . But he is now convinced that solo napping, especially in the summer (oh, central air conditioning, how I pine for thee), has its advantages. I would also like to say (in the interests of filing grievances against Max that I can use to guilt-trip him at a later date) that in order to convince him that the crib was just as good a place to nap as the big bed, I had to nurse him while he lay in it. Look at the picture here and imagine all the ways I might accomplish this. None of them could possibly be comfy, could they? You think about that, Teenage Max, before you go out drinking and carousing.

5 comments:

Ian said...

I think a king size bed would be a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Do they make anything bigger? Remember you said that there would be more grandchildren:-)

Chelsa said...

all right, Granny, let's just take it easy, there.

Jabbertrack said...

Got that video monitor yet? I know my dad said that it was hard to get me to love my crib, and this was before monitors so he said it was hard for him too.

The co-sleeper is all set up waiting for Merritt to arrive, thanks again for the loan Max!

Chelsa said...

Hopefully Merritt is a bigger fan of the co-sleeper than Max is!