Saturday, June 10, 2006

Adventures In Bathing

We accidentally left Max's inflatable duck bath in Canada, where it has presumably carved out a new life for itself with my sisters. (No pool parties in the duck bath, sisters. I mean it!) Consequently, there is a hole in our impenetrable wall of baby accessories. I have been advised to just take Max into the bathtub with me, but I just can't. I can handle being peed on by Max, but I cannot handle sitting naked in a pool of water that Max has peed in, and wearing my swimming suit into my own bathtub just feels ridiculous. I'm sorry, I have to set the boundaries somewhere. I tried showering with him, but the experiment went badly. Max was scared of the noise and angered by the constant stream of water, and I was weighed down by the fear of losing my grip on his slippery self. So, to make a long story slightly less long, we needed a new bathing apparatus. We got a sort of bath chair, which comes with a complementary elbow rest for me!

I was a little afraid, posting these pictures, that someone would see them and assume, at first glance, that this was a potty chair. I would like to state for the record that this is in no way designed for use as a toilet, nor do I plan to introduce any toilet-training regime in the near future.
One of the things Max likes about this bath seat is the elbow rest, which is apparently satisfying to bite as well as being a handy place to stash bath toys.

I am finding it increasingly difficult to resist giving Max the fauxhawk whenever his hair is wet. His hair is so soft and fine right now that it will stay in whatever shape you give it for at least twenty-four hours, so today Max is rocking the partial faux. He looks sort of like a cockatoo.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...the cuteness!! It just keeps getting better. Thanks for yet another adorable rear view of that well-proportioned head (-:

Samantha said...

That is one cute kid!

Ian said...

I bet yours will be too!

Chelsa said...

will be what? cute? naked? prone to peeing in the bath? rocking the fauxhawk? what exactly are you implying about ol' Merritt, Ian? Huh?

Jabbertrack said...

Stupid baby accessories and their stupid "OMG I NEED THAT" call.

To think they just hosed me off on the lawn in good ol 1976... kids today... sheeeesh!

Jabbertrack said...

But seriously what is it called and where can I buy it?

me = consumer whore

Ian said...

Once again, jabber has the funniest comment ever.