Friday, July 14, 2006

Taming The Beast

Max's charm and charisma have inspired epic poetry, elaborate celebratory dances, and, of course, this blog. Until today, however, I did not realize that even members of the wild kingdom are drawn to my wondrous son. After swimming lessons today, Max and I went to the grocery store. We were standing in line, minding our own business, when a giant, bearded Sasquatch of a man reared up out of nowhere.
"How old are you, Little Dude?" this apparition inquired in a gruff voice. I was so taken aback at being addressed by anyone with so much facial hair that it took me a second to process what had been said. Then it took me another second to sort out whether he was talking to Max or to me. After collecting myself, I told my new friend the Yeti that Max was ten months old.
"Wow!" marveled the Sasquatch. "He's really beautiful. You're so lucky." I was feeling slightly tired, sunburned and disgruntled before my meeting with the mythical beast, but he helped me to remember that Max is, in fact, really beautiful, and I am, in fact, so very lucky. On the way out, I saw the Sasquatch again, sitting at one of the tables with a slightly less furry companion. I overheard the Sasquatch point Max out to his friend, and comment again on his cuteness. I don't know why I'm surprised. Max is, after all, King of All Wild Things.

4 comments:

Ian said...

Davis does have a huge yeti population, does it not?

Anonymous said...

Hmm...do they live in toad hollow? Apparently one does not have to sail in and out of weeks and almost over a year to see them. Maybe they like Davis water.

Chelsa said...

This particular wild thing was far too large to fit in Toad Hollow.

Jabbertrack said...

it's very true though... Max is freakin' adorable and he gets bigger in every picture I swear

I can't wait to see him running around on 2 legs all the time