Saturday, July 15, 2006

Nodding Off

I have noticed that swimming lessons, combined with the intense effort of growing, have made Max a more willing napper this summer than he has been since -- well, ever. Apparently, however, I underestimated the amount of energy required to be a young Max on the go. Yesterday, he and I were eating lunch together. Max was eating willingly enough, but without his usual squeals of delight or grunts of satisfaction. I turned away for a minute or two to answer the phone, and when I looked back I beheld my baby, sound asleep while bolt upright in his high chair. He had not even been able to muster up the strength to close his mouth after his last bite. I promptly put him to bed, but I could not quite resist the photo opportunity first. Sorry, Max.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...in that picture he looks very much like his gramps at the end of the day when we watch a movie.

Jabbertrack said...

a little known children's book called Where The Wild Things Are

I think it sold a few copies

Chelsa said...

Ten points to Uncle Mike. Max is named after a character in a book by Maurice Sendak, called 'Where The Wild Things Are', which happens to be one of my favorite books of all time. Jessi, I'll try to remember to bring it when I come up, so you can read it.

Raging Wombat said...

granny, you crack me up! That is a great picture, Chels.