Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Gravity Fights Back

Max got his first bruise yesterday morning. It makes me feel terrible. He was walking in circles around the coffee table (a favorite way to pass the time) when he tripped and bonked his right cheek (face, not bum). I am not so divorced from reality that I don't know that a few bruises and scrapes are an inevitable part of learning to maneuver through the world, but still . . . my poor little baby. I am also not so divorced from reality that I don't realize that those of you who are not Max's mom might need help even seeing the bruise, although to me it looks gigantic and sinister. To that end, I have included a helpful arrow, pointing out the gaping wound. Oh, the humanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. If I zoom in real close I see a shadow which may be the bruise. But more disturbingly...is that sweet potato up the nose?

Chelsa said...

no, he's just eaten so many sweet potatoes now that his boogers come out orange. on the plus side, he can see in the dark like a cat.

Jabbertrack said...

I saw a fun show about babies learning to walk and crawl and tis true that the more mobile and bruised babies tend to develop faster.

My dad said people would scowl at him because I was so bruised up but that's the kind of stuff that led me to teach myself to ride a bike without training wheels at the ol daycare. Mrs. Pansy was apperantly not opposed to my many spills in the process!