Friday, July 07, 2006

Down In Fraggle Rock

Like his mother (me!), Max tends to get too warm while he sleeps. The result is often a surprisingly sweaty baby, even in a cool room in the dead of winter. Yesterday, Max took an extra long nap after his doctor's appointment, and woke up with a case of bed head that I found to be well worth documentation. Here we have the full-body view. You can see that the height and disarray is quite spectacular, especially when you consider how little hair Max actually has. You can also see that Max may not have felt like he needed his picture taken seconds after awakening, but he has a really mean mom (again, me!).

The brock of hair was impressive enough that I decided that a close-up was in order, in case some of the detail was lost in the longer range shot.

And, once I had gotten started, I found it difficult to stop. If you are going to capture a truly awe-inspiring phenomenon, you need the bird's eye view of it, right?

And then, once you have every other angle, why not get the rear view, for the sake of posterity?

Max is a good-natured boy, but eventually he was forced to take matters into his own hands, and declare himself off-limits for further documentation. After he tried to steal and eat the camera, I took the hint and made off with my photographic loot.

3 comments:

Ian said...

That made me laugh out loud! Good thing I am sitting in the Ol` office by myself. He does have a sweaty little head doesn't he? He drenched my arm last night!

Anonymous said...

When Max is older he will probably create a blog documenting your early years with anecdotes in retaliation. I know of some good sources for him.

Jabbertrack said...

lol

I should grab a picture of Merritt's mullet