Monday, August 07, 2006

All Things Canadian

Max is learning all about Canadian Pride on this trip. He ate Canadian sand, drank Canadian lake, peed on his Canadian mum (twice!), and I think he is learning French. I'm pretty sure I heard him say "Le Diaper" this morning.

He is also learning about Canadian industry. He visited the dam with his granny and gramps and I, and he and Gramps were both very enthusiastic about seeing the dam in action. He has not yet visited the pulp mill, it being sort of loud and somewhat toxic, but he will be getting a summer job there as soon as he can find a small enough hard hat.

Max has also been vigilant about keeping his aunties busy. By visiting, Max and I are doing our part to demonstrate the importance of family planning to the sisters. Jillian tried to draw Max last night, but was hampered by his fervent desire to eat the sketch and all tools involved in creating the sketch. Jillian has wisely decided to draw Max from photographs of him, instead.

Auntie Jessi's love of Max is great, but is she equal to the task keeping up with him? At first it looks promising ...

... But by day three, Max is still going strong, but Jessi has collapsed on the sofa. I wonder if she still has enough energy to keep Max from pillaging that pile of playstation wires? Only one way to find out ...

7 comments:

Ian said...

Okay, those pictures are cute, but I am ready to get my wife and boy back now.

Raging Wombat said...

Sorry, Ian. It looks as though they have gone cannuck on you. You're out - Canada is in.

Jabbertrack said...

rofl at the Canadian pride chair

Chelsa said...

you think I don't know what rofl means, but I do.

Anonymous said...

I don't. What is rofl?

Chelsa said...

Sigh. It stands for 'roll on floor laughing'.

Chelsa said...

Plus, the Canadian pride chair is great, and Canada is great, and saying "pop" when talking about soda is great.