Monday, May 01, 2006

The Pureed Banana That Time Forgot


I was the victim of a mysterious phenomenon this morning. I was feeding Max his breakfast (mushed banana and oatmeal -- hooray!) which he ate with enthusiasm. After he finished eating, I gave him some cereal on his tray and went to get a washcloth for his banana-covered self. I returned, washcloth in hand, wiped Max thoroughly, and gave him a few more cereal bits. After playing with the cereal for awhile, Max reached his arms up to be picked up. To my bafflement, I noticed that his hands and arms were once again covered in banana. I rinsed out the washcloth and wiped him down again. I turned to put down the washcloth, and when I turned back to pick up Max, he was covered in goo again. Had I been trapped in some sort of sci-fi style time-loop? Frankly, this is not the moment that I would choose to live over and over again. I finally discovered that Max had placed a hidden reservoir of banana in the crack between his tray and his chair, and was dipping into it every time my back was turned. Not good. Not good at all.

4 comments:

Raging Wombat said...

So devious! Such deception! Or could it be evil? Regardless, he clearly must be stopped.

BTW, I love the world 'bafflement'. It sounds like a word that would be equally at home on a castle/fort or a Looney Toons cartoon.

Ian said...

I too love the magical "World of Bafflement"

It's a magical land of um...bafflement.

Jabbertrack said...

I like antidisestablishmentarianism.

Raging Wombat said...

Antidisestablishmentarianism is for lame-o's, and you know it.