Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hulking Out

Max has been doing a lot of drooling and chewing the past few days, and we think we can see a glimmer of a white tooth on the bottom. I have been trying, therefore, to think of things for him to chew on that are not made out of my flesh. I was eating watermelon yesterday, and I thought, 'why not? It's cold, it's hard (the rind part), and it would be difficult to choke on'. I gave Max a piece to experiment with (yes, Granny, the rind was organic, and I washed it thoroughly first) and he loved it. He may have loved it more than he has ever loved anything before.

In between these two photos, an incident occurred which I have nicely opted not to photograph. Max stuck the watermelon a bit too far into his mouth, gagged himself, and barfed everything he has ever eaten out onto the tray.

I removed the watermelon from Max's grasp, having determined that there were unforeseen complications to its consumption. Max was not pleased. Then he had to be cleaned off, on account of the barfing, and he was really not pleased. In fact, he worked himself up into a full-fledged temper tantrum.
It is rare in the life of a Max that tears do not produce immediate results. When Max realized that I was not returning his barf-covered piece of watermelon to him, he became enraged. He pounded on his high-chair tray, screeched with indignation, and described himself as 'inconsolable'. Even his eyebrows turned red with the unfairness of it all. We came to an uneasy truce after I nursed him a little, but he would like it known that I am still on probation.

4 comments:

Jabbertrack said...

there's that difficult preemie attitude!

LOL

sorry I just had to

Raging Wombat said...

Wow. That is mad. I love it. Don't let your parents keep you down, Max. If you want the rind, demand the rind!

Anonymous said...

Annie calls Sophie's eyebrows her "eye muscles" since her hair is so light you can barely see them. When she gets mad they turn ALL RED. (Shhh...it's really funny.)That's like my favorite thing ever...fill their tummy, just to have them barf it all up. Oh joy. :D

Anonymous said...

He's even adorable when he's screaming...although it may not seem very cute to you and Ian.