Friday, April 28, 2006

I Said I Was Hungry!

Max is getting better and better at telling us what he needs/wants/wishes were different, and it is amazing to see him grow from a scrawny being who opened his eyes for five minutes a day to an opinionated, action-oriented person. The other day, he had a small bout of crankiness, which I attributed to tiredness. Accordingly, I put him down for a nap. Max kicked the crankiness up a notch or two. 'Wow', I thought to myself, 'he must be really tired'. I tried darkening the room, soothing him with music, lying down beside him. These kindly, motherly actions drove him into a full-fledged rage. Finally, Ian suggested that he might be hungry. It hadn't occurred to me that this might be the problem, because Max has not yet been in the habit of demanding solid food. I picked him up and put him in his feeding chair, where he proceeded to eat a jar and a half of sweet potatoes, poop a giant poop, and smile a very self-satisfied smile. Next time, hopefully I'll be a bit faster on the uptake!

4 comments:

Ian said...

Not to brag, but our son is so cute!

Raging Wombat said...

Eating and pooping always do the trick for me.

Ian, its OK to be a braggart when it comes to your own child. Wait til you see my post tomorrow ...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...babies who learn baby signs can indicate when they are hungry with signs...just a thought.

Chelsa said...

oh, he indicated that he was hungry just fine, thank you!