Saturday, May 16, 2009

Because When You Get Right Down To It, The Alphabet Just Doesn't Do Much

Max to Dad: I have a good idea, Dada. Here's what we're going to do: I'm the 'i' and you're the 'j', okay, Dad?
Dad: Okay. Wait, what? You mean, like, I'm the letter I and you're the letter J? That's what we're doing?
Max: No, no. I'm the letter I and you're the letter J.
Dad: But we're letters? Alphabet letters?
Max: Right. Exactly.
Dad: Okay.

[LONG PAUSE]

Max: So .... so how's it going, J?
Dad: Um. Pretty good, I. How's it going with you?
Max: Good.
Dad: Good.
Max: Yeah.
Dad: Yep.

[LONG PAUSE]

Dad: Are we still letters?
Max: Yes.
Dad: So, what should we do?
Max: We just sit together.
Dad: Okay.
Max: Say, "Okay, I."
Dad: Okay, I.
Max: Exactly. Good job, J.
Dad. Thanks, I.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is so awesome! I love the kids and their thoughts. I also love that they let us see these crazy thoughts by roping us into "playing" the games they create. If only adults would remember to be so fun and carefree once in a while. The world would be a much happier place. It is nice to know that it is fun and okay to just sit together once in a while.