Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Like This Girl A Lot

In spite of her recent aversion to sleep (hers, ours, or anyone else's), Maggie continues to charm (me, herself, the world in general). She will often express affectionate feelings for me, especially right before hitting me up for something she wants ("A hug, Mama? I want a kiss? Hey! How 'bout Nemo? Yeah yeah! Sure!"), but she never says, "I love you". She always says, "I love you, too", even if you haven't said anything. This delights me. It also, I feel, sums up Maggie beautifully: Cuddly, loving, supremely and unquestioningly confident and completely comfortable assuming that her position in our hearts is secure, even if we have the bad manners not to say so. And, of course, a little bit of a hustler. That's my girl.

1 comment:

Raging Wombat said...

She is a definite charmer. No doubt.