Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Max's Adorable Parts (Plus Breakfast)

Ian has been doing a lot more cooking lately, due to Max's constant breastfeeding and my constant need to be where the breasts are. He is becoming quite accomplished, and, with characteristic modesty, has taken to photographing his work. This piece is called "traditional diner breakfast", or "eggs cooked in a style that Chelsa would never, ever eat". (Ian's note...check out the cappuccino!)

Max is becoming really charming, and is getting more and more flirtatious. I was trying to get a picture of him in this t-shirt to send to my sister, who gave it to him, but the hamming it up for the camera was an unexpected surprise. Later, he can wear this t-shirt and eat the breakfast in the previous picture!

A woman I was talking to recently was telling me about this photography book that featured black and white pictures of baby hands, feet, ears, etc. I liked the idea, and I feel that Max's hands, feet and ears are cuter than anyone else's in the universe, so I thought I'd try some shots. These did not quite come out like the artsy, serious shots I was anticipating, largely because I was trying to hold Max's foot up and take the picture at the same time. You can, however, still get a sense of the cuteness of Max's extremities.







3 comments:

Jabbertrack said...

That's right my brother, fight the powa!

Ian said...

Chelsa calls that one "Power to the Babies"

Anonymous said...

Gramps said that Smaxie is the cutest little budha baby that there ever was. As a totally objective observer, I would have to agree. And Chelsa and Ian's photography skills are without argument fantastic. Keep em coming. Ian...we look forward to sampling some of your gourmet cooking this weekend. Your diner breakfast and pizza are works of art!